Menu
teetee
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working in Keighley area.

My landline has stopped working again in the BD20 area, if possible could someone please check the problem please, anybody else having problems in my area. I got a text from VM this afternoon to say the fault was fixed, obviously not. I cannot call to report the fault as i have no phone.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not working in Keighley area.

Hi TeeTee, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, could you tell me more about what is occurring with your landline please?

Some of the questions we usually ask are - 

• Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
  • Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
  • Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
  • Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
  • Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
  • Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date?

I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - 

No Dial Tone

Outgoing/Incoming Call Issues

Please come back to me with your answers 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
teetee
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, thanks for the reply.

The phone seems to be working fine again today, i will just see how it goes and get back to you if the problem reoccurs.

Tee.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Tee, 

Thanks for updating me on this, I'm glad to hear it's now behaving itself 🙂

If it starts with the issue again, just come back to this post and me and my team will be happy to help further. If it's something completely different please create a new post so the community can help.

Thanks so much!

Megan_L

0 Kudos