Menu
Tonyric
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working for last 24hrs.

Slight rustling sound on the telephone line when trying to make a call. No dialing tone or other sounds on the line. Handset shows duration of calls but no connection being made with called number. Outside callers receiving an engaged tone when ringing my number.

Contacted Virgin Media today and on line check of system revealed no outages in my area. Not possible to make a engineer appointment on line. Advised to telephone for assistance. A bit tricky without a functioning landline!

Just wondering if any one else is experiencing similar problems in the Solihull area or if I am missing something obvious

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working for last 24hrs.

Hi Tonyric,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the telephone service. 

In order for us to best assist you, can you please confirm the following for me?

Have you tried a different handset to rule out an equipment fault?

Can you please run a check on the cable leading from the master socket to the handset and let me know if they are secure and without damage?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Tonyric
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie

Thanks for your quick response.

I can confirm that I have three individual handsets (Dining Room (Main Socket); Kitchen and Bedroom) which are all connected and appear to be live but all three have the same problems outlined below.

The main cable leading from the master socket to the handset in the dining room is secure and without damage and I have done nothing recently to disturb the cable or the socket itself.

Having said all of the above, low and behold I have just checked the phone again and it is now working, albeit with a slight crackle in the background which hopefully will rectify itself in due course.

Thanks for your offer to help me to resolve the problem

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Tonyric,

Do please continue to monitor this for us and if you experience any further issues, do please come back to us

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos