cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working for a week

jonmc58
On our wavelength

Our landline has not been working for over a week. . Reported fault to VM and they firstly arranged a visit from a VM technician to sort it out but that was speedily cancelled as they said it was a network issue and would be sorted by friday last. They then messaged to say that it was now sorted and a reboot was required. Have rebooted it several times and no change, no dial tone. As there is no online fault reporting available I will have to try again to ring them tomorrow but with hearing issues on mobiles thats not satisfactory for me.

I've been a customer since the Nynex days and frankly the service has gotten much worse since then.. 

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jonmc58, thank you for your first post on our help forums and a warm welcome to the VM community.

We're sorry to hear of the landline issues, we're eager to best help with this.

Firstly, we can advise in general that you can always run a few checks online when there's an issues with the landline on our link here, depending on the problem and try some fixes or see if you need a tech visit.

Since the area issues have cleared and your landline still has no dial tone after a reboot, we can look into this for you and assist further.

I will send you a PM here shortly to enable me to check.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Back2skooldaze
Joining in

I wish someone was quick to help me out with my landline issue!

To be absolutely fair, nobody has actually helped with this issue, there has been a generic copy-and-paste response, which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, but still!