cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working for 3 weeks

loukm18
Joining in

Clicking and crackly noises when people either dial in or we try and dial out. Landline handset says 'check phone line'. All cables, sockets and hardware checked and seems ok. Can't find any way to contact an engineer about this. What do I do to get this sorted?

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there loukm18,

Welcome to the community. 

So sorry for the issues faced with the landline, just from checking our service I can see that there's no area fault currently raised so we'll need to get an appointment booked in for this.

Before we do book an appointment we have to advise the following.

There can be a £25 charge added to the account if;

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know whether you're okay with this and I'll go ahead and book the appointment for you.

Kain

Yes please - I would like to book that. I have certain availability but I'm not sure whether this is a private message and I should give that to you now?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, thanks for confirming. 

To get this sorted I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Cheers,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM loukm18,

I'm writing publicly also to update the thread with the appointment made.

If you do have any issues and require to reschedule, you can do via the MyVM webpage or App.

All the best and take care,

Kain