cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working, dial tone quickly pulsing

FrozenSp
Joining in

Hi all

Since we had a power cut on Sunday night we have had landline problems.

The dial tone pulses very quickly - almost buzzing, and we are unable to make outgoing calls.

The phone will ring, caller recognition will not work, and we cannot hear anyone on the other end when picked up.

I have plugged a no-frills phone directly into the wall socket but the problem persists.

The 'Service status' page says we have no issues, and I end up going in crazy loops on the 'Landline help and support' page.

Every few months we get a problem with the land line (no dial tone/not ringing/etc), I will ignore it for a couple of days and it will mysteriously fix itself - I thought I would try the community for a change.

TY

Rich

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @FrozenSp,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're facing some landline issues at the moment. I've taken a look at things on our end and I'm unable to see any issues on the line currently. Are you able to test a different handset to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Sorry, I didn't make it clear in my original post.

I have unplugged our normal answerphone and plugged a no-frills 'BT Duet 210 v2' directly into the phone socket and the problem persists.

Hi @FrozenSp

Thank you for expanding and your prompt response. So that I can take a closer look over things, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @FrozenSp,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so promptly. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule this if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team