cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working again

KSK
Joining in

My landline has not been working again for a week this time, I have been going round and round the website to try and get help but it's useless for a non working phone. How do I get help to get it working again?  It's annoying as I'm now paying for a service is available to me at present.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KSK, thanks for your first posts on the forums and welcome to the VM community.

We're sorry to hear there has been a repeated issue with your landline and it doesn't seem to work currently, we're eager to help with that.

From our latest checks there don't seem to be any landline related outages in your area that could be causing an issue, can you please confirm if your phone/handset connects to a master telephone socket (big white with VM logo on) or an extension?

Also, do you have a dial tone before you call someone out and are you able to make or receive any calls at all?

Have you been able to test another handset and/or phone socket to see if it works?

Please, share more on this and we'll be happy to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for coming back to me. The phones are connected to an extension, one is connected via a wire, this has been there for over 20 years, and is stuck to the wall, the others I have tried are ones you can walk around with. I don't have any dialing tone for any, can't receive calls people have told me they have tried and it just keeps ringing their end. I have also tried calling out on every phone and get nothing.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response and for confirming these, KSK.

Sorry to hear none of what you tried works, in this case I will send you a private message so we can investigate the issue further.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs