cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working again

SammieC1
Tuning in

Could you please help? Please can someone help?
For the third time my landline doesn't work. The engineer comes out, fixes a different issue goes away. It will work for two weeks and then the fault returns.
Always the same fault. When making or receiving a call it works for approximately ten minutes and then the line goes dead.
I am so fed up of paying for something that doesn't work. All I have received is two days compensation but ever since I moved over a year ago it hasn't worked properly.
Please can someone help? I feel such despair with this issue. It doesn't work, engineer comes out, time off work, paying for something that doesn't work but have another 6 months contract left.
Please please can virgin help with this issue?
My landline is not working again. An engineer comes out, finds a different fault. It works for two weeks and then doesn't work again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SammieC1,

Thanks for coming back to me. I understand that this is an ongoing issue, however, I can see that your Hub uptime is currently showing as over 18 days.

Please reboot your Hub and let us know if the issue continues with your calls. 

Does this occur with all calls that you make and receive, or just to certain numbers?

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SammieC1,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline connection at the moment!

Can you tell us if you have an active dial tone after your calls disconnect? Have you tried plugging in a different landline phone to see if the issue is resolved then?

Please reboot your broadband Hub to see if the issue happens again after a reboot.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thank you Paulina for responding. I have have tried all the suggestions you have made before posting a question on here.

This is the third time this has happened, so I try the standard fixes first.

Can you help please? 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SammieC1,

Thanks for coming back to me. I understand that this is an ongoing issue, however, I can see that your Hub uptime is currently showing as over 18 days.

Please reboot your Hub and let us know if the issue continues with your calls. 

Does this occur with all calls that you make and receive, or just to certain numbers?

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Paulina, it happens with all calls and I remember the last VIrgin forum person saying the same thing as you, about the number of days.

I don't understand the technicalities of that but if it is a reoccurring issue, maybe the "hub" is faulty. I will reboot my hub and advise.

Thank you

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SammieC1,

Thanks for coming back. I understand that this must be frustrating, however, we do have to clear a few checks before a technician can be booked in.

Please keep us updated about how you get on after the Hub reboot

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

It occurs with all calls when it goes wrong.

Any number, whether I make the call or receive. 

I do understand that there is a process to follow but this is the third time.

I will keep you updated now the hub has been updated. Thank you

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SammieC1,

Thanks for confirming. Have you tried to make/ receive a call to see if the disconnection will happen after 10 minutes?

Let us know.

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I have tried the landline to make a call, it went dead after just 7 mins and again after about 2 mins.

Can you please help to resolve this issue?