cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing (but calls do come through?)

highcroft
Joining in

Hello everyone,

incoming calls never make my landline phone ring. I tried 3 different phones, and I have the same problem with all of them (so it's not the phone).

If I know someone is trying to call and I pick up, I can talk to them! So the call is coming through, it's just the phone does not ring.

The phone is plugged into the hub directly. I tried to restart the hub, and no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI highcroft, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your landline service, we will do all we can to help. 

Are you able to list the models of the handsets you have tested on the line?

We also have further support for landline issues here

Thanks, 

Nat

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@highcroft wrote:

Hello everyone,

incoming calls never make my landline phone ring. I tried 3 different phones, and I have the same problem with all of them (so it's not the phone). <snip>

Any ideas?

Thanks

Has the problem just started with a phone connected to the hub that worked OK previously?

Or have you recently been 'switched' to a phone connection via the hub  and the problem started since then or are you a new customer?

Non-ringing on phones via the hub is a common problem described on here for older model phones from the early 2000s or before. Often it can be solved using a different adapter with a 'ringing capacitor' inside.

carolehardman24
Joining in

I had problems with my landline could ring out but no in coming calls was on the phone for over two weeks got no were till a put a complaint in I then received a call and he was very good it was good to talk to someone who knows what they are doing when he looked at it we found out that my number had changed has I was on bt before but was not told why the people I was chatting to did not pick up on this now have my phone working 

Hi @carolehardman24 

Welcome back to the community 

Sorry to hear that you had issues with your landline that the call agents were not able to resolve. Glad that the complaints team was able to get this resolved for you in the end. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley