Menu
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline not ringing (ST17 area) - possible area issue, as it's affecting others too

Hi,

Starting yesterday, my home phone stopped ringing when people called me. Also, the answering machine no longer triggers, so for the person making the call, they just hear the phone ringing and ringing.

If I pick the phone up when someone is calling, the call still connects, and I can call out, but it just doesn't ring.

I tried a corded phone and it was the same with that.

I have an engineer booked in for tomorrow afternoon already, but the reason I'm making this post is because I spoke to a friend earlier who lives a few streets away from me and she has the exact same problem and is also with Virgin Media, so it seems like there's an area issue going on, not an issue with my line specifically.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not ringing (ST17 area) - possible area issue, as it's affecting others too

Good morning @Sigma 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the landline.  

I am sure that you have checked already but is there anything listed on the service status page

As an engineer has been booked it would indicate that its not a known area issue. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not ringing (ST17 area) - possible area issue, as it's affecting others too

Hi Zak,

Yeah, I checked the service status page, ran the tests there, and also called the faults line as that sometimes mentions faults that haven't yet made it to the service status page, but no faults were mentioned anywhere.

Had I not spoken to someone who lives a couple of streets away who has the exact same issue with their VM phone line, I wouldn't have bothered posting, but yeah - this definitely isn't an issue that's specific to my house.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

It might be that the engineer picks up on it being an area issue when he visits. 

If your friend hasn't already, I would advise them to either pop hear or call in to get an engineer out. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I got a text earlier saying that the issue has now been fixed, so they wouldn't need to visit tomorrow. My phone's working properly again and the engineer appointment was automatically cancelled, so everything is sorted. My friend's phone is working properly again too.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Sigma,

Glad to hear that the issues with yours and your friends phone lines have been resolved.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos