cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not recieving or making calls

HCrowe
Joining in

My landline keeps getting the message "the number you have called is not recognised, please check the number and dial again" when phoning from a mobile or other landline. Then when attempting to call from the landline to another mobile/landline the phone dials but then then tone goes quiet.

It's not a volume issue and when checking the service status it says there is an issue with TV in my area (which is absoloutely fine) and broadband/phone services are all good. My internet as been intermitently coming and going also.

Unsure whether this an issue with virgin or my household connections in general, any answers would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HCrowe,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline phone. Just to clarify, are you receiving the messaging stating that the number hasn't been recognised, when making outgoing calls to your landline, from other phones?

Do you have a dial tone at all on your landline phone, and have you been able to try using a different landline handset if possible?

Thanks

Beth

Yes that message is played when phoning my landline from my mobile phone for example, there is no dial tone at all and I have multiple handsets around the house all with the same issues mentioned. I'm feel as though it may be an issue in my local area potentially, but that is just a hunch.

Thankyou for the quick reply,

Harry.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for getting back to us. Oh that is quite strange - usually if there is a local outage, you wouldn't get that particular dialling message to say that the number is unknown, but I'll be happy to look into this a bit further with you.

I've sent you over a private message so I can take your details. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks!

Beth