cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not receiving calls

mayurbharthi
Joining in

I can make call but not receiving calls.when I am dialing from my mobile to landline it's just not ringing at all. 

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mayurbharthi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, have you recently transferred your number into Virgin Media by any chance?

How is your phone line connected is it via your hub or wall socket? If its via the hub, please can you reboot your hub to see if this changes anything?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Thank you for replying my query. Yes it's been transferred and connected to wall. Not hub. 

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to me mayurbharthi, when was your number transferred over to us?

Did you have a temporary line that was fully functioning before the number transfer happened?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes , my line was fully functioning before it's transferred. Normally I don't use that much my landline but recently I called my number and nothing happens. 

Many thanks

Thanks for coming back to me mayurbharthi, your issues have been passed over to our telephony team and they will be in touch soon to discuss the issues further with you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Sorry to bother you again but my landline still had not been fixed. There was an engineer came to my house and he told me that try after 4 days and it will be sorted. but after 5 days i have tried and still the same issue i can not receive any phone call to my landline but i can make call from it.

And the main point is that after that engineer visit no one even bother to check that my issue had been solved or not.

If you can do something about it that will be really appreciate.

Thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mayurbharthi,

Thanks for popping back with an update. I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing some issues with your Landline. I've taken a look on our side, and it does appear that the line is provisioned correctly and no issues are being identified.

I can see that your Hub has been up for more than 7 days, can you please try rebooting this by switching it off at the back for 30 seconds before switching it back on again? This will refresh your Landline connection. What happens when you attempt to make a call? Is the issue only happening when calling one number, or multiple?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi there,

Thank you for replying.

Okay I have done 30 second reboot and still same issue. Main issue is I can not receive call from landline. I can make call from landline. Whenever i am trying to call from my mobile to landline is just doesn't go through at all. 

Many thanks

Mayur

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, Mayur.

I'm going to send you a private message so I can look into this further for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ