cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not receiving calls

Kevin55
Tuning in

We recently switched from Plusnet (Broadband and home phone).I asked for our number to be ported across which it did.However although I can make calls I can't receive them.Any incoming calls are still coming through the BT line. I've called VM several times over the last week and got nowhere.Some have tried to help whilst others have just said "we are working in your area and expect it to be resolved in 24 hours"

The phone is connected to the hub port 1.It shows the correct number when I ring my mobile from the VM landline .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kevin55

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

What exactly have the team advised when they try to help? What date was the number meant to be ported over?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kevin55

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

What exactly have the team advised when they try to help? What date was the number meant to be ported over?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi Travis thanks for your quick reply.The man I spoke to yesterday didn't help at all.I explained the problem and he said he would ring me back.He rang back and his call came through on the BT line not the VM line.He said because the call came through there isn't a problem (even though it wouldn't have come through if the BT wasn't plugged in).

The number was ported over about two weeks ago.

Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm going to drop you a private message to investigate this further @Kevin55 - please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team