cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not receiving calls from various callers, usually mobiles.

henry9th
Tuning in

As the title suggests.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, you seem to have fixed the original problem, however I no longer get a caller ID number on my phone, only 'incoming call', which is fairly obvious as the phone is ringing!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @henry9th,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

Just to confirm, are you having difficulty making calls from the landline at all? Are you aware what happens when the caller tries to call through to you eg. does it ring / say an error message etc.?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly,

No problems phoning out and we are unaware when people can't get through.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @henry9th,

Thanks for your reply.

Is this with all incoming calls or just a select few? 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Not with all incoming, but some. A colleague, and my daughter haven't been able to get through for a couple of months, and during the last week another family member was unable to!

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @henry9th,

Thanks for confirming. Have you recently ported a number over to us?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

No it's the same number I've always had, but I was going to leave Virgin last Novemberish and move to BT, but I decided to stay in the end, on a new deal.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @henry9th,

Thanks - I'd like to look further into this for you, so just need to send you a private message to get your account details. Please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

Hi, you seem to have fixed the original problem, however I no longer get a caller ID number on my phone, only 'incoming call', which is fairly obvious as the phone is ringing!