Menu
dgblue2
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Landline not ported

When I placed my order with Virgin on 17th July, I requested to port my landline number and was never told it may not be possible.

On day of installation, 27th July, the engineer kept quiet until the installation was complete and then gave me my new number.

Despite Virgin telling me 3 times that my number will be transferred and me waiting until the end of their specified timescale before I contact them again to inform them my number has not been ported, I am still with the new number.

I have submitted online web forms, sent a letter by recorded delivery, participated in text chats & phone calls, still to no avail and each time, I have to repeat my case.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not ported

Good Morning dgblue2,

Thanks for you post on our Community Forums and I'm terribly sorry for the time it's taken to respond to your post. 

Have you been advised further in regards to your number port since your post? If you can update us with that you've been advised most recently, that would be welcome

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
dgblue2
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated.

On 24th August, I received a text saying "Hello, it's Virgin Media here.  Unfortunately we are unable to port your home telephone number as it is disconnected from your current provider, and we are only able to port active telephone numbers.  Please continue to use the Virgin Media number provided to you at install.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dbblue2,

I am sorry to hear this, we do advise to keep your landline services active until the number port is processed, I would advise getting in touch with your previous provider to see if you can get the number back so when it is active again we can port it over 

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
dgblue2
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

Thank you for the advice; unfortunately, the person I spoke to re transferring my services did not advise me of this.

I will contact my previous provider and see if they can assist with the matter re getting my number back.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Herllo dgblue2

Quick message to see if you spoke to your previous provider about getting the number back 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
dgblue2
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Yes, I spoke to them earlier this week and they said they will not reactivate the number.

0 Kudos
naboo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did you put in a cancellation request with your existing provider for your existing landline?

If you did, then this is probably why the port failed

For a successful port to happen, your existing landline needs to be in service with no cancellation request on it.

The actual cancellation of your existing landline provider would happen as a consequence of a successful port. 

0 Kudos
dgblue2
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

Yes, I did ask my previous provider to cancel my landline and I told them the date when Virgin was connecting my service; I assumed (wrongly) that the landline would not be cancelled until the connection date.

I have spoken to my previous provider and have arranged for them to activate the number on 09/10/20; I have liaised with Virgin to advise them and I have been told that my landline number will be ported on 17/10/20 as it takes 8 working days.

All I can do is wait until the latter date and hope that the number port works.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the update, dgblue2. If the originating provider has reactivated the line by the time of the port date then, the transfer will be able to get processed. Do keep us posted.

0 Kudos