Menu
indianadr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Landline not ported even after 3 months

Hello

Yes. That's correct.

My previous number was active till 5th June 2020.

Virgin Media installed landline (VOIP) on 13th March and gave temporary number. At that time it was said it will take 21 working days to port the number. Nothing happened. Several hours of calls/one engineer visit/repeated calls to Number porting team, reaching out to their Twitter Account, did not help.

On 5th June 2020, previous operator disconnected the line and just now (16/06) I got a SMS from Virgin Media that they are not successful in porting as the previous number disconnected and not active.

What I do not understand, when I first started this whole process my old number was active and working with previous provider and now that got disconnected you are telling me it is not possible.

You not only unable to port my old number but lost it too.

In these difficult days, I had to pay for 3 months landline charges to both operators.

Just frustrated !

Regards

Mallik

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not ported even after 3 months

Hello

Porting can only be done on an active line, even if the line was asked to be cancelled then the previous supplier would refuse the port as the line is in the  process of being cancelled.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
indianadr
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I do not think you read my post clearly or I was not clear.

My landline was active with other provider till 5th June. I have not spoken to my previous provider to cancel or terminate. They sent me a SMS/email stating that sorry to hear that you are moving from us and we disconnect by 5th June...blah..blah..They must have got the request from your side for number porting team and I was in constant touch with your CS and Number porting team about this.

Please DM me if you need my account number and you can see yourself in the case histroy

Regards

Mallik

PS: My Virgin Media bill shows my old phone number !!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey indianadr,

The community are correct to say that we can only port active numbers but I can take a look at this and see if there is anything that can be done to keep your number.

I will need to send you a private message over now, so that we can clear account security and get this investigated further.

Regards

Steven_L

indianadr
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven/Team,

Thanks for your help.

I am happy to say that my FINALLY my landline got ported successfully.

Thanks to your twitter team help and power.

Regards

Mallik

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey indianadr,

Glad to hear that this has been sorted, I can see that you have been dealing with my colleague Lisa_CC, she has been able to get this ported for you today,so I will pass on all your thanks to her as she has made this possible, I have only checked the status of this but Lisa made all of the arrangements for the port to go ahead.

Regards

Steven_L

treetop5
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_L

I'm stuck in the same situation here I'm afraid

Would you be kind enough to look into my predicament?

VM didn't request to port my BT landline, now It's no longer active and I'm getting nowhere.

A very nice lady called Michelle told me "it depended who you asked" and she could do it but she needed help from her manager who was talking her through it. This was three weeks ago and I've not heard anything since, dispite spending hours phoning and texting.

Any help would be very much appreciated I'm getting desperate

0 Kudos