Menu
JohnMildenhall
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Landline not ported. I moved house on 4th Sept and am still on a temporary number.

I moved house on 4th Sept and am still on a temporary number. My understanding was that my previous number would transfer from Plusnet to Virgin. I've moved within the 0117 area. How do I find out what's happening?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not ported. I moved house on 4th Sept and am still on a temporary number.

Hello

Is you plusnet line still active without any disconnection orders on ?

If the  line is not active or it has a disconnection order on it then I am afraid that the port cannot be completed in line with the Ofcom rules.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JohnMildenhall
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not ported. I moved house on 4th Sept and am still on a temporary number.

Thanks for the reply. If I call the old Plusnet number I get the message: you've called an incorrect number please hang up and try again. Virgin assured me that we could port the number, do I expect them to honour that promise. What do you think 8 should do next?

Cheers

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Did you ask Plusnet to cancel your line ?

Phone lines can only be ported when both lines are active, if you old line was cancelled then Plusnet would have refused the port.

What I will do is escalate this to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look why the port has not completed, but I believe it is due to the PlusNet line not being active.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JohnMildenhall
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. I notified Plusnet that I was moving to Virgin. I can try and contact them this morning to confirm that, but if Virgin can explore their end too I'd be grateful.

0 Kudos
JohnMildenhall
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've spoken to Plusnet and BT.

Virgin say that Plusnet need to reactivate the line. Plusnet say the line is inactive, and they cannot reactivate it as they no longer have control of the number. BT say that it is possible to retrieve the number, it hasn't ben reallocated, but that has to be requested from Virgin and that the protocol to do this exists.

I am expecting Virgin to resolve this, retrieve and port the landline number without further haggling.

I was told that I could port the number when I made the original request for VM service. Somewhere along the process I have been let down badly, and currently I have an extremely dim view of VM customer service.

I'm hoping that VM can redeem themselves, and not make me regret leaving the excellent service I received from Plusnet.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnMildenhall,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues porting in your old number.

So I can help further and get this email account permanently deleted will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos