Menu
treetop5
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Landline not ported Help!

Hi,

I see that posting on the forum has really helped some people finally get their problems resolved:

My BT Landline number was not ported over to VM as I requested, I understood this could take a while but after a week I thought I best call 150 and ask if it was being transfered.

Unfortunately VM hadn't actioned porting my number and by now my landline number was no longer active.

I've spent hours texting VM support, on the phone to them to be told "yes" then "no" and "phone BT and speak to them" 

At one point a lovely lady called Michelle said VM can transfer an inactive number, she had never done this before so her manager  was taking her through it. Unfortunatly this was the end of her shift so she said goodbye and told me it would be done the next day... Its still not done.

I've spent ages trawling the internet and seeing threads where this has been done and I would love someone to take pity on me and try and help me get my old number back as well as my trust in virgin media

I hope someone can help me

sorry for the rant but this has really got to me and im feeling pretty fedup by it and can't bear spending anymore time texting a robot to be asked if its a landline or mobile number I have a problem with...

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not ported Help!

Hi Treetop5, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear that there has been some issues with your landline not being ported over to us, this isn't good. 

The number would need to be reconnected with BT first before we'd be able to take it from them, we can't port a disconnected number. 

Are you able to get BT to reconnect the line at all so we can do this? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
treetop5
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Emma_C but because the equipment was sent late and you didn't transfer my number when I asked I'm now in this situation.

I've spoken to BT and they no longer have the number so you would have to get it from OpenReach.

BT suggest I take out a new contract with them, they will give me a tempory number, then they can request the number from open reach.

Other people have had this done when you havent transfered existing numbers. Please and you try and help me! It is really important I keep that number

Thanks

0 Kudos
treetop5
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Please can you have a look at this tread "Landline not ported even after 3 months"

Your colleague Lisa_CC and your twitter team managed to do this in a very similar situation

Please can you have a look at this

Thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Morning Treetop5, 

After further investigations by the team and speaking to the number port department within BT, we have found that the number hasn't been assigned to a new customer and should be able to be reassigned to you for the number to be ported over to Virgin Media

BT and Openreach should be able to work together to get this number reactivated for you, once this is done we will be able to transfer your number over to us.

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
treetop5
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much Emma_C

This really is great news, do you know how long this could take?

Please let me know if you need me to do anything to help.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry. 

We can't contact them to arrange this on your behalf as the number is disconnected. 

You will need to ask BT to reconnect it and then we can take it from them, they'll work with us to do this. 

We cannot touch the number whilst it's disconnected. 

I would advise doing this with them as soon as possible before the number is given out. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
treetop5
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'll try again, but they will not let me do this without a new contract...

#nightmere

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You would still be able to port the number straight out after it's been reconnected. 

I'm sure they'll be able to help, maybe contact them on their forums as well and see how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
treetop5
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I have phoned BT  and they longer have the number, it is now with open reach

Can you not contact Openreach and request the number. I have no way of contacting them

thanks

0 Kudos