cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not connecting

AnneMou64
On our wavelength

Hi

My landline has dial tone but does not connect after I have dialled the number.

Very frustrating when I check status of landline on your website to be informed there are no known issues at my post code.

The line is very noisy ie background crackling.

Have tried usual suspects ie switched off router and on again, checked connections blah blah blah. Main handset plugged into router, second in bedroom and third downstairs.

Please help.

Many thanks, Maggie

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AnneMou64

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing some issues with your landline service recently. What happens exactly after you dial the number? Can you receive calls? Are all of the landline handsets in the home having the exact same issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

AnneMou64
On our wavelength

Hi Zach

Thanks for your reply. I don’t know how long problem has been going on with landline.

I asked a friend to call me yesterday, but said it was a test and I didn’t answer.
Handset downstairs rang. Handsets’ screens upstairs showed I had a message (her call).

When I tried to make a call later from handset, exactly the same problem as before eg dialing tone, background noise, I dialed number and then nothing - so call not connected.

As a test, I tried dialing number from my mobile and that worked!

Help!

Many thanks, M

Hi @AnneMou64

Thank you for expanding and giving that troubleshooting a try. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!