Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Landline not connected yet and engineer hasn’t called me back!

We just upgraded to a new package which now includes home phone and it was installed on 20 October. However, the engineer said he wasn’t able to connect my landline and would call back to arrange another engineer to do it for us. He never called back, so I have been without a landline for a week now. We already cancelled BT, who were our previous provider and ported our landline number to Virgin, so now we’re waiting get connected. Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not connected yet and engineer hasn’t called me back!

If you are a new landline customer then your phone will connect to your internet hub. Wired landlines are no longer being installed.

If you cancelled BT then it is also likely you will lose your number. Lines must be ACTIVE with the previous provider in order to be ported. Any cancellation order will stop any port requests going through.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. How do I connect a phone to the hub though? Do Virgin give me a phone to use? My current phone connects to a wall socket and it won’t fit into the back of the hub.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You should have been provided with an RJ11 plug to BT socket adaptor. Any modern normal landline phone should work with the hub.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RJ11-BT-Telephone-Adapter-Male/dp/B07BH1177Z/ref=pd_lpo_107_t_0/258-9445651... 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t been given any adapted or told anything about how to connect the phone. The engineer said he would sort everything up for us that evening and call me back, but has now left me without any info or phone. I have booked an engineer to come out on Wednesday but would prefer to talk to someone from virgin either online or on the phone to let them know why I need the engineer and see if I can sort it out before then. I’m worried I’m going to lose my old phone number if it doesn’t get connected. When signing up, Virgin said ‘don’t worry we will handle everything’ when I asked about porting my number and connecting the landline, but now they have my custom they have completely abandoned me and I haven’t got what I signed up for! I’m absolutely furious! There’s just no way to speak to anyone other than to book an engineer, it’s ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, Virgin do arrange everything with the number port. This includes arranging cancellation of the service with your old provider in accordance with the telephone regulators rules. If you then cancel with them yourself it causes problems.

A member of the Forum Team staff should reply to this thread in a while & may be able to help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LABird,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community 🙂

I'm sorry you've had some issues with your land line since the technician visit, and there are also some queries over the porting of your number. 

I'd need to take a look at the account to understand what has happened with this, so I'll pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos