cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not accepting incoming calls but can make outbound calls.

faizan
Tuning in

Hiya,

recently had virgin broadband and landline installed in my house. the landline is connected to the hub. we ported our old number to the new virgin landline, and when i make a call on the landline to my mobile the correct old number shows up.

however, when i try to call that old number, it either doesn't go through or it says 'number isn't recognised'. this has been tried with multiple phones. so it isn't accepting inbound calls at all

as far as i'm aware, there are no issues with landline in my area. service status says it is all fine and my router says the phone is 'ready'. i've tried all the normal troubleshooting tips i've seen online with no success.

could someone here help me out please?

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello faizan,

Sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced, we appreciate you raising this with us  via the forums.

From checking, we can see you spoke tot he team yesterday and advised everything was working fine, when did the error receiving calls start or when did you first notice? There doesn't seem to be any issues in regards to the set up our end so may be localised.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you so keep an eye out for the envelope in the top right when signed into the forums.

Rob

have replied directly in messages, thank you

Thanks Faizan, I will respond now if you could keep an eye out again for the envelope 🙂

Rob

faizan
Tuning in

thanks! have responded

Glad to hear this has now been resolved Faizan, if you need support in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch here 🙂

Rob