cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not able to receive or make calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

My neighbours have learning difficulties, their landline hasn’t worked for two days. They are also physically disabled and not tech savvy. They are extremely reliant on their landline for carer support, hospital appointments etc.

I have tried to find a number that they can call to help book an engineer but I’ve just gone around in circles going through all the online forms. If it’s difficult for me who is fairly competent then how on earth could people with learning difficulties navigate their way around it?

Can anyone supply a number for them to call for support in booking an engineer please?

Much appreciated

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bonnie4,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear your neighbours are experiencing an issue with their service.

You'd be able to speak to us on 150/ 0345 454 1111 regarding this. 

You can also check our service status page here to check for any area issues. From here if they know their online account details you can sign in to run through further checks.

Let us know how you get on.

Alex_Rm

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Alex, I’m going to pop round to see them now and give them these numbers. 
I’m hoping they can call them on my mobile phone even though I’m with another provider. 

Many thanks again

Bonnie

Calling from any mobile is fine if you use the 0345 number Bonnie 🙂

Keep us posted with how the call goes.

Alex_Rm

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s brilliant - thank you again ☺️

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update. I’ve spoken to my neighbours and given them both numbers. They may try calling in a bit but I have advised them to call in the presence of their carer tomorrow morning in case of any difficulties navigating the call. The carer can then support and possibly help speak with the advisor during the call to reduce confusion and anxiety. 

I appreciate your swift response and support, I just thought my post would be lost in a sea of queries. This has restored my confidence in online community forums!

Thank you

Thanks for the update Bonnie,

You know where we are if you need anything else 🙂

Alex_Rm