Menu
Emlee0310
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landline no incoming calls

Moved house fairly recently and setting up phone. All plugged in and I can dial out but can’t receive incoming calls, have tried from 2 separate mobiles, I get a dead phone tone and home phone not ringing. Got told by support all is ok as When they called Me it did ring their end but it didn’t on my home phone. 1471 shows a call received today from virgin but not the mobiles I have called from????

anyone have any ideas please??? Guy on support was grumpy and generally unhelpful unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline no incoming calls

Hi Emlee0310,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with your landline, can you please confirm how  you've connected your phone?

Is it through the hub or the phone socket, if through the hub can you please reboot and let me know if this makes any difference?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Emlee0310
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I have tried and still the same. Also got someone to try from a landline and it’s the same, just get a dead line as I do from my mobile. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you confirm if you're phone is plugged into the hub or the wall socket please? 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Emlee0310
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry yes, it’s plugged into the hub. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emlee0310.

Can you please confirm if you ported your landline number over to your new address? If so, there may have been an issue with the port, rather than with the line/connection itself.

Is the correct number also showing when you call out to another number from your landline?

Thanks,

Bet

0 Kudos
Emlee0310
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I had a text to say that my telephone number is the same so I have no idea about the porting.

When I call my mobile from my Home phone  it comes up with my home number which is the same number I was texted, same as my old number.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Emlee0310,

I would like to take a further look into this for you but we would need to confirm a few details over a private message and get to the bottom of the issue.

I will drop over a private message in a moment, please look out for this so we can get this sorted for you.  

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming your details and joining me in a private message @Emlee0310

I have been looking into this on your account and we need to send this over to our telephony department to investigate this further. I have staged your account to them and they will be in touch within the next 24 hours with an update or to let you know the issue has been resolved.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos