cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline no incoming calls from mobiles

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

Got installed last week broadband tv and home phone. Broadband and tv are all good. I couldn’t get my landline to work. Techi said they hadn’t ported number across so I would get a temporary one. When I call my mobile from my landline it connects and shows my landline number. Can’t connect to landline from my mobile. Just says number is not receiving calls. Customer service says it’s my phone go buy a new one that works on VoIP. I took my phone to my son in laws house. He has VOIP and same Virgin hub4 and it worked fine. I asked him to call me landline  to landline and it worked. I don’t think it’s my phone that is the issue. I think it’s Virgins issue. I don’t want to go to the expense of a new phone to still have the issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Either the hub is faulty or the line is not provisioned correctly.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have moved your post to the more appropriate Home Phone board.

You don’t need any special phone to use VMs hub based lines. You certainly don’t need a VoIP phone. These use the internet sockets, not the phone sockets on the hub, & will only work with external providers like Vonage.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

Ok my home phone worked fine on my Sky set up before I got Virgin installed last week. Now I can’t call my landline from a mobile. So what IS the problem. 
my phone works fine on my son in laws virgin set up. Same cable type (single cable no extra comms line) and same Hub 4. 
I recon it’s a Virgin set up problem. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Biggordy1,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your landline.

Can you please tell me if it is plugged in at the socket or the Hub?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Plugged into the Hub 4

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that @Biggordy1,

Do you hear noise on the line? Or is it completely silent? Can you call people and they can hear you but you can not hear them?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

When I dial from a mobile after about 30 seconds it says “This number is not accepting calls at the moment “ 

my phone set works fine on my son in law’s virgin set up with single cable with no coms line and plugged into his Hub 4. 

Completely silent till I get message say not accepting calls 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Okay thanks for confirming @Biggordy1,

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Either the hub is faulty or the line is not provisioned correctly.