cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline no dial tone

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

My landline is not working so can't phone 151

Website does not appear to have means there to contact and report so can't report.

Am I just expected to wait and hope it gets fixed with no contact?

Open Reach FTTP via ZEN 100mbs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Update.

After removing my extension wires and refitting my two extension phones are now working again.

Thanks for all the advice.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @dnpark38,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, you are able to to see if nay outages are affecting you on our website here, you can also look at performing a check on your equipment and landline here.

Do let us know how it goes.

Cheers. Joe

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Status says to the effect you know of no faults.

That Link does not cover phone not working at all.

Hey @dnpark38,

Thanks for getting back to us, what I can do for you is invite you in for a quick private message which I will send to you soon. If you have not used our private message feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

I've had PMs with Joseph_B and not sure what the outcome is and how long before I can make and recieve phone calls.

Is there any way I can see when Engineer is going fix on the website?

Joseph is offering to use the internet rather than the separate line now accessed by a Master Socket which feeds two other sockets and their two phones.  Seems with this proposed system, we are to get it in the next couple of years, will only work one phone at the Hub location.  

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Spent one and half hours on VM webchat this morning got no where. They passed me around twice and I ended up being asked to phone  0345 454 1111 used a mobile to be told each time Please ring back later.

Really concerned the local engineers can't be told my landline phone down.

Do you think @Joseph_B will have told them from this Forum post?

Hey @dnpark38,

Sorry to hear you were having that issue this morning, I have sent you another private message so we can review this for you, if you want to reply to me there I can look into resolving this for you.

Cheers. Joe

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Yes please repair, asap

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

My daughter who is also a VM customer this morning phoned 151 to advise them I had no phone service and that when she phones me gets engaged tone.

They would not help her.

Unbelievable, are VM customer service trying to loose customers?

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

My daughter who is also a VM customer this morning phoned 151 to advise them I had no phone service and that when she phones me gets engaged tone.

They would not help her.