cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - no dial tone

DavidLangridge
Joining in

Hi

Just received the white cable through the post and connected up per instructions into Hub3 but no dial tone. Have restarted Hub twice now and no joy. 
Any help appreciated!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DavidLangridge

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the land line. 

Could you please check this thread here just to ensure this has all been set up correctly?

Could you also try a different handset if possible?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

I was sent an adapter plus a white wire with the right connections at both both ends.

I have been plugging into the hub3 top socket and the handset at the other end. I separately have used both the adapter and the wire to see if either works and no joy with either.

I have also reset the hub3 a couple of times to see if that helped but no luck

any other ideas?

Thanks

David  

Thank you David.

Can I just confirm if you plug your phone in at the wall does it still connect this way at all? 

Thanks again. 

Hi

Ah, it’s now working when plugged into the wall and not the Hub

This all started when the line just stopped working for about 4 days and I called into customer service. They suggested going through the hub and sent out a cable and adapter.

Im happy to leave this as it is now as it’s working but if it goes off again, I’ll reply to this thread.

Thanks

David

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for checking this and for confirming it still works via the wall socket.

Could you please check your emails and letters received and let us know if we've sent any communication in regard to the landline switchover?
Do you have anything to confirm the switching date from copper to fibre optics in your area, there?

If not, we could assist by looking into this for you and advise on the date this will start working via the hub.
On that very date, you should be able to use the adaptor we've sent, and your landline will work via the hub and not the phone socket on the wall.

Let us know of the above, glad to assist further should you need us to.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs