cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline, no dial tone

C_T
Joining in

My landline isn’t working. I noticed it wasn’t working two weeks ago, spoke to someone over the phone and told them then that it wasn’t working and was told that an engineer would come out to fix it as we believe that another company has messed something up in the shared coms cabinet at the end of our road. Since then, no one has been out to fix anything and our landline still isn’t working. I am unable to make and receive any calls. 

Originally I did have a dial tone, but now I don’t and I’m receiving a fuzzing sound (dead line). I have tried phoning multiple times, but it’s impossible to get through as the automated line hangs up on me so I’m trying here!

I have already tried another cable, and another landline handset, but it still doesn’t work. Also, I am not the only one in my area with this same issue, which leads me to believe more so that something has been messed up in the coms cabinet. 

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi C_T,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the line, thank you for going through the checks you have already. 

So I can take a closer look at this for you I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm