Menu
Carlos64
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline no dial tone

Hi house phone has been dead for over a week, have tried a different handset, same result,  nothing else connected to phone socket, unable to contact VM via mobile phone just on hold, it is either a problem with the incoming line or the master socket,  if VM want to send me a master socket in the post I don't have a problem fitting it to rule it out. Many Thanks 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline no dial tone

Hi Carlos64,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry you're having an issue with the landline, this isn't what we like to hear. 

I can appreciate you've tried some checks but can you also try the following:

•Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 

•Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 

•Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this
 is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure
 the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 

Let me know how you get on with the above and we can take a look at the account and book an engineer if needed.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Carlos64
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,  have tried all of these,  the master socket is a generic master  that replaced an old and tired ntl one, and has worked fine for sometime, if you want to send me a branded one I can fit it to see if that works. 

Many thanks 

Carl

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'll send you a message now to grab some details and see if there's any faults first and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me help, I'm sure we'll have this sorted when we visit 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos