Menu
aroundincircles
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline -- no dial tone

No dial tone.

Yes, I have checked all connections.

Yes, I have tried to report it (I have called 3 times today, was kept on hold listening to music that asks me “what you’re waiting for” - is that a sick joke Virgin? - only to find myself cut off).

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline -- no dial tone

In the past I have been able to log a landline fault like this via the Service Status page:

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
aroundincircles
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I tried https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status this morning (a few times), and at the end of it all I am told to call (which as you know from my earlier post, that doesn't achieve anything).

I actually won't bother texting 07533 051809 - I did so about 3 weeks ago on another issue, and they are yet to respond.

I appreciate your help, but I think Virgin Media might actually need to do something, but they are virtually impossible to communicate with.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi aroundincircles,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having some issues with your landline, 

I've run through diagnostics and can see the line is showing as non contactable. 

I've arranged for an engineer to visit- you can sign in to your online account and view the time and date of this here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Pamelarobb25
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Alex are you able to help me at all?  Here is the message I tried to send through the chat:-

"I only joined with you yesterday and had to spend most of yesterday trying to sort my home phone out (from 10am - 4pm) and had to end up taking annual leave from work to try and sort it out. Was told it wasn't working as it was my fault as i had broken my own phone or my phone wasn't compatible (not sure how they knew that since they didn't ask what phone i had) I went with the info they gave me to an expert who confirmed my phone was compatible but in any event suggested another phone which was on the compatible list on your website which i bought and tried out today and i still have no landline service. I advised them that i needed to have this sorted for Monday as i couldn't afford any more time off work but i tried calling and your contact centre is closed. so not only have i lost a half day annual leave, i have now lost out money on the cost of a phone i probably didn't need and i have no idea if i will be able to return to work on Monday. Can someone please urgently look at this?"

other bit of info is the red phone icon is flashing before and after i plug in the phone network so not sure if there is an issue with the telephone service reaching the hub rather than my phone?

Thanks so much

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pamelarobb25, sorry to hear about the problems you've had getting your landline issue sorted out.

I can see that a fault-call has been arranged for this, you will be able to find confirmation via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and it can also be rescheduled or cancelled from there if needed.

Please let us know how that goes, or if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime.

Tom