Menu
JC1001
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline - no dial tone

Hello,  when I dial my landline, it rings but not ringing on my phone. This issue started approx 2 weeks ago and I had hoped it would have been resolved or sorted.

it seems that some members on the forum had the same problems and wondered if it had been resolved itself or required an engineer call out. 

I have carried out all the relevant checks and it it still not ringing on my phone. I have tried to book an engineer on line but a message directing me to called 0345454111 number. I've called  the number and it would not connect me.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline - no dial tone

Hi JC1001,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. What happens when you dial your landline? For example is it ringing on the caller's side or go to voicemail/answerphone? Or is there an error message?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
JC1001
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Corey_C

thank you for the message.

Reading the messages on this forum seems that this is not just a one off problem or in just one area but occurs anywhere. My landline is not a new installation. I've had the landline for over 20 years and this is the first time I had this problem - the caller can hear the line connected and ringing but it is not received on my phones. Also I am unable to ring out either. No dialling tone at all.  Just a complete silence line.

I have tried to booked an engineer via the number mentioned before but it is not able to connected me. I have tried again on the website and wow... I was offered some appointments to book online. I have now got an appointment for an engineer to visit.

Just hope that he does not suggest that I need to buy a new equipment  and not able to sort out the issue before he leaves my property. Based on the comments from this forum, I hope he investigated the junction box before he blames my telephone equipment 😬.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad you've managed to get an engineer visit booked 🙂

They will be able to make sure this is fixed for you, don't worry.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
JC1001
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The engineer (Alex) attended today and I have expected 👊🏻 a fight  but this is not the case😀.  I have explained the problem, he looked and then went away, came back 20 mins later and all sorted. Explained he had changed some cable and reconnect the line. 👏🏼👏🏼👌🏻. Can't fault the service once I was able to booked an appointment. Have to say, credit to Virgin where it is due. 😀

0 Kudos