cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline no dial tone no service

Flint68
Joining in

I have no dialing tone on my VM landline. I cannot get any incoming /outgoing calls Checked the status on VM website and all my services showed up as having no problems.  We had a local thunder storm  in the area on Tuesday morning and a 30 mins power cut. It was only in the evening we notice no dial tone , etc. Phone is connected  to a wall socket.  Followed VM online advice powered off on and changed phone still no dial turn. 4 attempts made yesterday to contact Virgin for support .Eventually got through at 4:30pm and was told that there was a local power outage and should be fixed by 6:30pm. It was explained  my wife is disabled  so we rely  on a landlines as a back up. As of today still no service .

10 REPLIES 10

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Flint68,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Landline service. 

To confirm, have you been able to try an alternative handset on the line?

^Martin

Yes an alternative  handset was tried no dialing tone

Thank you for confirming that. To be able to help further, I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Hi Martin , I have responded to your PM 4 hours ago and as of yet I have not had a response. This is a pretty poor service to receive considering the price hikes Virgin keeps imposing  on loyal long standing  customers. Can I please have a time frame on when this issue with landline are resolved. I have a disabled  wife with mobility  issues so the landline is necessity.  

Hi Flint68,

Thank you for speaking with myself over Private message. 

Just to confirm for other users, there is a reported area outage. 

The current estimated fix date is: 24/06/23 12pm.

^Martin

Hi Martin, it is now 4:00pm 24/06/23 and STILL no phone service. Please can I have an update.

Glad to hear this @Flint68 

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua, I received three text back to back yesterday.  The first was in regard to a delivery  on 10/07 -self-install package I assume it is an upgrade from Tivo box to V6

The 2nd message confirmed date/time of the appointment of the engineer. Booked for 28/6

The 3rd message  stated the following 

Hi, we've fixed the network issue. Please restart our kit and wait 30 mins for it to take effect. For help, go to virginmedia com / checkservice
I have followed  this  advice and still no landline. I have gone into my account  to check to see if the engineer  is still due to come out  but I keep getting  a message stating  that there is a change in my package and directs me to go online.
Can you please  confirm  the engineer  is still coming  out on the 28/6 ?
Thank you

Hi @Flint68 

Thank you for flagging this to us. To verify this, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs