cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline no dial tone, cannot answer incoming call.

Chiko
Joining in

Hi, My landline has no dial tone since 20 Mar.  Incoming calls makes sound of ring ring.... but cannot answer. The caller cannot hear me picking up. I’ve tested my phone and it is not fault of my phone. My phone is connected to phone socket on the wall.

I checked service status online for my area it says phone is okay but having trouble and working on TV. 

Is my area has changed to fibre phone ? If it is yes.... how can I get connector to plug into hub? 

Hope... I can solve this soon.

6 REPLIES 6

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Chiko,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you have been having an issue with your landline, having looked into our systems we can't see anything initially wrong your landline connection. Have you tried using a different handset? Can you also confirm is this plugged into the master socket of the house?

You can find some troubleshooting tips to try here.

Cheers, Joe

Hi Joseph_B 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it is in main wall plug and I tried different hand set. 

Strange thing is.... although terribly crackle noise it only recoverEd short time when my husband called from mobile phone within our house and answer to the call.

I was also wondering Gas work is going on near my house.... does it affect my phone line?

Thanks for getting back to us @Chiko,

The gas works could cause an issue depending on if they have damaged the line but would only know if said damage got reported to us.

With this, you said your husband was able to make the phone work? Does this mean there was a dial tone on it?

Thanks. Joe

Thank you for your reply.
I can hear dial tone for only a few minutes after I answer my husband’s call which is sometime... not always and go no dial tone again.
It is really strange.

I am also wondering when my area will go live for fiber phone? 
How can I check the plan?

Hey @Chiko,

Thanks for the response. What we will need to do is invite you into a private message so we could take some information regarding this. If you haven't used the private message function before you can find how to view them on the homepage by clicking the little purple envelope in the top right.

With regards to the switchover, you can find all information regarding it here.

Speak to you soon. Joe

Thank you so much for your time. 
I just send you a private message.