Menu
ShaunWh1tt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Landline keeps dropping out

When making calls my landline phone keeps going silent (The other person can not hear me but I can hear them ) and occasionally cutting out completely (The line goes dead and I have to call them back). VM told me it was an area problem (Area 30) and it has been sorted but this is not the case.  I can't get through to VM  as they don't answer  calls (on  hold for 1 hr 20 m and  then cut off). 

Any idea how I can get hold of VM to report that fault has not been resolved?  (Sent complaint email but no reply yet - No on-line chat facility available) 

Shaun 

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline keeps dropping out

Hi Shaun,

I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with your landline and have struggled to get through to us. Thank you for reaching out here, we'd be more than happy to assist with this issue.

Could you confirm whether you've tried unplugging and reconnecting your hub and/or handset? Could you also let me know whether you've been able to test an alternative handset to rule out an equipment issue?

Does this happen on both incoming and outgoing calls, or only in one direction? Have you noticed whether it affects all types of numbers - mobiles, local landlines, national numbers etc?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
ShaunWh1tt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael

Have had VW engineers out to check all equipment  Have been told it was an area fault.  Seems to happen on incoming and out going calls.  Not sure about calls to mobiles (Fault is intermittent so it is difficult to assess)

Regards

Shaun  

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for letting me know that everything has already been tested. It sounds like we may need to raise an IT ticket for you.

In order to do this, I'll need to clear account security and confirm a few other details. I'll send you a private message now, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
ShaunWh1tt
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel

Can't see purple envelope. 

You can email me on  [REMOVED]

Regards

shaun

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
ShaunWh1tt
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough but when there seems to be no other way of getting in contact with VM it all becomes a bit frustrating!

Perhaps  moderators could have a role in getting customers the assistance that they need when it is pretty clear they have tried everything. 

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for locating the private message section and replying accordingly. Our moderators work hard behind the scenes to ensure our forums meet certain standards, as well as a wide variety of other tasks which customers don't see. They have a heavy workload and it is not within their remit to respond to individual customers. If an agent is away from the office for a certain amount of time and/or there is considerable urgency in addressing an issue, they would always escalate the post to another agent.

Due to the nature of this platform, we can't always guarantee an immediate response. Particularly as individual issues are handled by individual agents to avoid any crossed wires or repetition. If you ever require live assistance, the best way to get this is by giving us a call and speaking to someone on the phone. If you use an online method such as this or social media platforms, there can sometimes be a delay in receiving a response.

In this situation, our moderators could see that I'm on the case and had messaged you requesting the relevant information. Until this was received, we were unable to assist further. As you can see from my latest message, I've now raised a ticket for you and we'll be in touch with any updates.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
ShaunWh1tt
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel.

Thank you for this clarification.  

I appreciate what you are saying.  My frustration was a result of me not knowing whether I was emailing you correctly (Your email referred to a purple envelope which I was not able to access on my screen - I am using a mobile telephone) and when I didn't get a reply I assumed that I was not sending my emails correctly. 

I appreciate that I can call directly but I had tried this on several occasions.  On each occasion I was on hold for 1 hr + and was not able to get through to anyone.   I also tried to get assistance via your VM website but that just kept sending me round in circles. 

Kind Regards

Shaun 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know you've been able to use a different handset. 

Please let us know if it happens again or if you need anything else from us. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
ShaunWh1tt
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma 

Will do.  Thank you for your assistance (Thank you to Rachael to). 

Kind regards

Shaun

0 Kudos