cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline just stopped 5 days ago

Rehmana
Tuning in

The landline died a few days ago and I keep getting different messages from your support team.

First it was a known issue to be fixed same day. Yesterday it was that we now needed broadband to use the landline. Nothing received about this and no idea how that is meant to work. Today i am told again the first story so I am pretty annoyed. What happened to sending an engineer to fix the issue?

11 REPLIES 11

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Rehmana, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the landline services.

I understand that you have been able to speak to our team today in relation to the issues with the services.

Can you please confirm if this discussion did also refer to the landline services?

Thanks,

David_Bn

It was for a different account, my parents house. So a different call. My call this morning was for my own account issues but not related.

The landline issue has been the one with the different stories. And the status page looking perfect. 

Thanks for coming back to me @Rehmana.

Can you please confirm if you're using a landline service that's provided by the master socket, or if this connected to the router for the broadband services?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi David, its just the master phone socket. Literally they only have a landline service from you. I already told them its going to be easier just to move to BT as at the moment I cant even get an honest / straight answer. 

Hey @Rehmana,

Thanks for getting back to us, are you aware if your parents have had any letters over the last couple of months regarding the landline switchover? They also might have received an adaptor in the post, this would require the landline to be connected to the Hub via this adaptor.

Joe

Nothing and bearing in mind they have never had broadband and therefore no hub, not sure how that would work

Hey @Rehmana,

Thanks for confirming, I would like to look into this further with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you via private message.

Joe

@Rehmana wrote:

Nothing and bearing in mind they have never had broadband and therefore no hub, not sure how that would work

Technically what VM would need to do is install a hub but it wouldn't be provisioned for internet connectivity just telephone only. This would involve them drilling through the wall and running a coax cable through to connect to the hub, which would need power etc.

Tell me how wedded are your parents to their landline number? Because by far the easiest option is to just cancel VM and go with BT, theoretically, they can ask for the existing number to be ported (transferred to a BT line), but I really wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it.

Luckily its all working again. Turns out it was affecting others in the area so it was a VM issue. No idea what they had done but then it took about 6 days to fix. And in all that time the VM status page showed no issues at all. I was told that the vest place to check is the virgin connect app, which seems odd as there is what was a perfectly good status page available. But at least its working which is what counts and hopefully they will honour their credit offer too as it was down so long.