Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline is dead

jka94036
Superfast

Hi

Help

My mums phone line is completely dead. No dial tone and when I ring her it goes straight to the Vm answer phone. Have tried another phone and still no dial tone etc

My mum is 89 and has Alzheimer’s and is really dependent on her phone. She has no mobile as a backup as she doesn’t know how to use them

Service checker shows no problems, tried phoning it in but goes through a useless loop of tests and ring back after 10 mins, do not seem to get to any test results!

9 REPLIES 9

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jka94036,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that your mum is having some issues with her landline connection. We understand how valuable a landline connection can be to some customers and we'll do all we can to help.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so we can help resolve this issue for you mum. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

PM replied to

thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jka94036
Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your mum's landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jka94036,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help or support.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Will do

thanks for your help

John

Hi,

the appointment isn’t showing on my mums account ?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you a private message to confirm the details. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

Hi, got the pm about the area fault in my mums post code but on the service checker it states it’s a tv issue not a home phone issue ?

john

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If you're able to see the above ^

Cheers, 

Ryan.