cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline is dead

Tony1970
Joining in

Hi,

My landline is dead... no dial tone and if I try to call my landline from my mobile I get the message "You've dialled an incorrect number. Please check the number and try again.".

It's like my number no longer exists!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tony1970,

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you currently have no dial tone. Depending on what's causing the landline fault, you may receive different messages when you try to call your own number, so I'm sure that it's nothing to worry about! 🙂

I've been able to check your line from here and it is showing as 'uncontactable', meaning that we are unable to establish a connection currently. We will need to arrange an engineer visit in order to resolve.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can arrange this with you. Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope.

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tony1970,

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you currently have no dial tone. Depending on what's causing the landline fault, you may receive different messages when you try to call your own number, so I'm sure that it's nothing to worry about! 🙂

I've been able to check your line from here and it is showing as 'uncontactable', meaning that we are unable to establish a connection currently. We will need to arrange an engineer visit in order to resolve.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can arrange this with you. Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tony,

Thank you for supplying the requested details via PM.

I've now booked in the next available engineer slot for you - to view the appointment time slot or rearrange, please head over and sign into your My Virgin Media account here

Please do let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else from us in the meantime. 🙂

Kind regards

Beth