cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline home phone

tony_q
Joining in

My wife phones her sister in Germany each weekend, the last 4 weeks after 15 minutes her sister cant hear her and she need to redial, can anyone help.??

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tony_q

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of the landline issues when calling Germany. 

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension socket or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the calls

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

We are using a BT Graphite 2500 plugged into the main VM master socket, that is the only equipment plugged into the main scoket. The phone is working ok on other calls no matter how long. It only started about 4 weeks ago, and after 15 minutes my wife can hear her sister, but her sister can't hear my wife. This only happens on the call to Germany and each time my wife phones back it is ok for 15 minutes then same again, and it is 15 minutes not 14 or 16 so it is either calling Germany or calling on the weekend that is the problem.

Hi ~tony_q thanks for your reply.

That is a strange one, as there is no issues on network with your landline - all appears well.

The only other way we can put this to the test, is if there's another German number that your Wife can ring.

Would you be able to come to an arrangement wiith her sister and try to speak on another number that she may have or alternative landline?

If that particular call doesn't have any issues after 15 minutes, then we'd be quite confident the issue is on your Wife's sister's side.

Please keep us updated and we'll take things from there.
Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks, my wife will phone her sister next time she is at her daughter I will get back to you then. ( might be a while ). Thank you

Hi @tony_q thanks for your reply.

No problem at all - whenever (and if) you do need any further help we'll be on hand to support!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi My wife phone her niece in Germany and everything was ok so the problem we have must be with her sisters phone in Germany, Thank you for your help.

Hi @tony_q

Thank you for letting us know. Glad this is all resolved for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley