cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline has not worked for almost 2 months

Runciter
Tuning in

Can an agent please contact me to arrange an engineer please?

My landline has not been working, first noticed around 25th of July. Initially the entire phone was disabled (phone screen said check line), now it will ring but cannot hear the calling party, can only hear crackling. Cannot ring out.

Still on copper wire landline. When I first got the landline we had issues within the first month and the engineer that came out told us that the wiring in the cabinet was awful and needed re-doing. We have had regular issues with the line due to this.

The VM website is awful these days in that no-one can request an engineer online anymore, the chat bot is useless and the HELP pages are a complete joke, sending you round and round in circles.

So I'd really appreciate getting the landline fixed given I get charged for it even though I can't use it.

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Runciter

Thanks for posting on our community forum and I hope you're having a great day. A big warm welcome back to you also!

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with your landline. I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs