Menu
tobermory
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Landline has no dial tone

No dial tone for two days now. Number is 'unattainable' when called from another phone.

Can any Virgin personnel help?, thank you. 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline has no dial tone

Hi @tobermory,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your landline service at the moment. Have you checked our Service Status page yet to see if any known area impacting faults relating to this are currently being reported?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tobermory
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Zach,

Yes we have checked the service status page and there are no known area impacting faults.

The last time this happened an engineer had to fix something in the box in the road.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning @tobermory,

Sorry to hear of the landline issues you're experiencing and thanks for checking for area issues.

I've ran some further diagnostics from our side and can confirm that this does require a tech visit. I've gone ahead and requested the earliest possible appointment slot for you - you can check this via your My VM Account and amend this if needed.

Please feel free to drop back after the appointment and let us know how it goes 🙂

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tobermory
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Molly_G,

Thank you for your help. As before the engineer had to fix something in the box in the road.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tobermory,

Thank you for getting back to us about this!

Is the issue now resolved after the technician appointment?

Please keep in touch and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help! 

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos
tobermory
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, all fixed now

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tobermory,

Thanks so much for confirming! Please get in touch if you need any further support.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos
tobermory
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Paulina_Z,

Unfortunately we do need further support, we have lost a dial tone again today. Same problem as before - we cannot phone out and the number is unobtainable to anyone phoning us.

Please could you arrange for an engineer to visit. Whatever the first engineer did in the box in the road worked for a couple of days, so the problem might still be there,

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @tobermory

Thanks for popping back to our Community - so sorry that you're having some further landline issues.

On checking your account I can see that you are currently impacted by a known area issue. This was raised earlier today under reference number F008996260. At the time of writing, the estimated fix time is 6pm today. 

If you are still having issues once the area fault has resolved, we can go through further checks with you. Please do keep us posted on how things are looking your end and we can check for updates as and when needed. 

I have registered the issue on your account for you also

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos