Menu
Clickster42
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline had no dial tone this morning, now had dial tone but won’t dial out

Hi, this morning our line was dead, went onto the virgin media site and it said there was a fault in our area. Now the virgin media site says the problem has been fixed but we can’t dial out. We can’t logon to our account either, on the virgin media site.

How can I report this problem.

many thanks Paul

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline had no dial tone this morning, now had dial tone but won’t dial out

Hey Clickster42,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services since an outage earlier today.

Has your service come back yet? If not

Is your landline via the traditional phone socket or via your hub?

If by the hub, is the telephone light flashing on the front of your hub?

Are you having issues with any other of your services?

Regards

Steven_L

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Clickster42
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline had no dial tone this morning, now had dial tone but won’t dial out

Hi Steven,

The landline is still not working it has a dial tone and dials the number then goes dead. It is connected to the traditional phone socket.

broadband , tv and mobile all working fine.

many Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Clickster42.

I have checked our service status page and there is an issue 

We know of an issue in your area that has resulted in some loss of service from your phone line, this is currently being worked on and the fix estimate at the moment is 22:35 tonight. 

To check the part of the site that you were having an issue with earlier, please try using a different browser or clear the cache of your current browser. This should let you check the service status page https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Clickster42
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Still can’t dial out, we can receive calls but they can’t hear us but we can hear them.

Ive checked status page this morning and it says there are no problems.

Many Thanks Paul

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Clickster42.

I can take a look into this for you but would need to do this over a private message, as we cannot discuss your telephone number in the open forum.

I will drop over a private message in a moment, please reply and we can get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos