cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline free voicemail - cannot leave messages.

colllie
Tuning in

Hello,
I can dial 1571 from my landline to get into my free voice mail.
I rang my home number from a mobile and it never seems to enter it to allow a message to be left.
Ideally it needs to be about six rings or people will just give up.  I got to 20 rings and gave up.

My landline goes via my broadband router.

Can you help to resolve this - thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, colllie.
Thanks for reaching out on our help forums and sorry to see you've had this issue with your landline voicemail.
To understand a bit more on this, does every call received go to voicemail after certain rings or not at all?
Also, when calling 1571 does it confirm your voicemail is currently active?
Lastly, have you tried rebooting the hub and see if this helps clearing out the issues?

Let us know more and we're eager to assist with this, thank you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

colllie
Tuning in

Thank you for your reply,

Yes the voice mail is active as it says I have no new messages when I dial 1571. 

No calls get through to the voice mail though the phone rings.

The hub has been rebooted; but it will be an issue at the virgin telephone exchange rather than my hub.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, colllie.
Thank you for the reply and for sharing more details, although I'm sorry to see your issue persists after a hub reboot and you cannot receive any voicemessages at the minute.

We'd love to have a closer look into this and help, I'll send you a PM now for this.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs