cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline fibre switchover

EmzK
Joining in

I have received the fibre landline adapter through the post, however our Virgin Media Hub is in a different room to our landline. Can you please inform me of what I am supposed to do so that the landline can be used? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@EmzK wrote:

I have received the fibre landline adapter through the post, however our Virgin Media Hub is in a different room to our landline. Can you please inform me of what I am supposed to do so that the landline can be used? Thanks

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EmzK thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're unable to use your landline because of the location of the hub and your phone system being in different locations. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause your household. I would like to help you resolve this. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R