cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline fault

DillonsDad
Joining in

I do not have any landline connection. There is a message on my phone saying 'Please check the line cord'. I have checked my 'phones and cannot see any wiring or connection faults or breaks

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DillonsDad,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear you have no dialling time at present.

We appreciate you checking your handsets for us already. Can we ask if you're able to try and other handset, just so we can eliminate it's not the equipment causing the issue?

Can we also ask you to remove all extensions handsets and any other equipment attached to your line, for example, fax machines modems etc.

Just try the main handset in the master socket.

Please try the above first and come back to us for further help.

Kind regards Jodi. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@DillonsDad wrote:

I do not have any landline connection. There is a message on my phone saying 'Please check the line cord'. I have checked my 'phones and cannot see any wiring or connection faults or breaks

Have you tried the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 to check for any faults in your area and the 'Check service status' link at the top RHS of the forum page?

Yes I did the online service test first but there aren't any faults or issues apparently. Do you know of any telephone number I could speak to Virgin direct? 

Hello DillonsDad,

Sorry about the loss of service on your landline.

To save you a call. I can take a look into this for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello DillonsDad,

Thank you for your time.

Sorry again you were not wanting to pass security.

Please let me know how you get on calling us.

Gareth_L