Menu
Douglas52
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Landline fault

Virgin have acknowledged a fault on my landline, but seem unable to arrange for an engineer to come out to fix the fault. Please advise when this can be resolved ASAP,

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline fault

Hi Douglas52, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with your landline. I've taken a look into this using your forum details and wasn't able to find any reference to a telephone fault. What problems have you had with it specifically, and have you gone through any checks at this stage? 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Douglas52
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have no dialling tone, unable to make or receive calls. I contacted Virgin yesterday, they confirmed that there was a fault on the line via the automated service, but due to being busy the service was unable to transfer me to make an appointment with an engineer to visit the property to assess and sort out the problem.

i understand that Virgin is busy, however as a regular bill payer, I expect and should receive a service.

please advise how this can be resolved quickly 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Douglas52,

I'm very sorry to hear this. As my colleague advised in their post yesterday, there isn't any reference to a telephone fault and there are no know outages being reported. You can also check for any known area impacting faults via our Service Status page.

What did the team advise exactly when you discussed this with them? Is it possible for you to test another phone to ensure that the problem isn't equipment related?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Douglas52
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The team recommended an engineer to visit to rectify the problem. They confirmed there was a fault on the landline. The service checks do not identify any problem. However I cannot make or receive calls, as a number of my contacts use the landline I need it sorting ASAP.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Douglas52,

Is it possible for you to test another phone at all as requested? If not then that's fine, but if we can narrow down what's going on a little further then it'd be helpful.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Douglas52
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I only have the landline, my mobile is not with Virgin. None of the phones connected to the landline are able to send or receive calls.

i don’t understand it, they said that they could detect a fault, so why can’t it be fixed.

This is very frustrating, if Virgin cannot fix a simple landline issue, maybe I should cancel my contract a d move to another provider.

last time I had an issue with my V6 box, an engineer came out and sorted it, promptly and I was extremely pleased with the service.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Douglas52,

We can rectify landline issues, but as advised earlier, if we can do checks to narrow down what the problem is then it generally means a resolution can be provided quicker because we'll have a better sense of what the problem, and by extension the fault, is.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this at your convenience with the details requested, and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Douglas52,

Thank you for sending the additional details over via private message as requested.

A technician visit has now been booked. We're unable to confirm the appointment information publicly, but you're able to check what date/time this has been scheduled for via your My Virgin Media online account.

Via the online account, you can reschedule it if needed to a time that's more suitable for you. If in the interim either you or anyone in the household exhibits flu-like symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 then please reschedule accordingly.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Douglas52
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your assistance, I will check my virgin media

0 Kudos