cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down

harrrj
Joining in

So my Virgin Media landline went down yesterday (Saturday). Did all the checks to make sure it was not my equipment and plugged into the test socket on the wallplate. Tried five times to report it yesterday by mobile phone, WhatsApp and Webchat but could not get through to a real person to move the process on, just the automated stuff which does not seem capable of dealing with this sort of thing. Eventually got through this morning to be told that there was an outage in the area (GU46) and that it would take up to 7 days to fix. The service status page on the MyVirgin App is still showing no problems in the area and the person in the call centre could not offer any reason why the problem was not showing up on the Service Status. I am not particularly happy that it could take up to 7 days but fortunately we have sufficient alternatives. The time it is not my real gripe, it is the fact that Virgin cannot seem to be able to provide adequate Service Status information to avoid having to speak to their obviously overworked Customer Services in the first place requiring me to sit listening to their endless music.

1 REPLY 1

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi harrrj, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the landline and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

We will aim to have the outage resolved as soon as we can. 

Chris