Good afternoon jandacooper. Thanks for posting and sorry for the phone line issue.
Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.
Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to your phone socket? This may include:
• Other telephones
• Personal Computers
• Satellite TV digiboxes
• ADSL modem or router
If any other equipment, is it more or less than 3 pieces?
Finally can you do the below for me;
• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
• Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.
Hi there John_GS - . I have nothing else at all connected to my phone line at all, getting my other VM services via cable. My home phone is a wireless unit, the base to which is connected by plug to a (larger) unbranded square socket installed back in the days of NTL. I have removed and replugged it, and checked that my home wireless handsets both appear to be working correctly as far as I can, they both have no dial tone, just a faint crackling buzz.I have no alternative handset to plug in. Hope this helps!.
FYI. Apart from the login issue my cable TV and Broadband appear normal.
Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in. This can be tracked and/or re-arranged if needed in your online account
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment