cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down since Wednesday

n_haland
Joining in

Our landline has not been working correctly since Wednesday 4 May. Although we get a dial tone we cannot call out, nor can we connect to incoming calls (the caller rings but we cannot connect the call - by connect I mean "pick up" - even when pressing the "pick up" call accept button on the phone). 

There is no issue with the phone handset and we even bought a new handset which still doesn't work. 

We have called Virgin Media a number of times from mobiles - when going through the correct channels on the automated line, we either end up in a dead end (you select the option you need, then nothing happens), or the phone line disconnects! Caught in an endless loop.  

The online outage checker also says that there are no faults in the area, however, when logged in to My Virgin Media to run a diagnostic test, the test does not work - we get a message saying "we cannot run a test at this time". I have also tried clicking on links to FAQ pages on My Virgin Media and get caught in another loop of broken links. The "alternate ways to contact us" suggestion is just as infuriating - it says to call 150 (which we can't do as landline won't work) or the non-landline number, which just leaves us in the same dead-end phone loop we've been in for days. No way to email support either and it was just by chance we found this community by doing a Google search. Absolutely shocking trying to get the right help - it feels like things VM's customer service channels are left deliberately broken. And by the looks of the forum, we aren't the only people experiencing this issue (VM checker saying service is up, but still no working landline).

Please help us to resolve this issue asap. The landline working is absolutely crucial for my family right now - my mum isn't a digital native and relies on the landline (can't use a mobile). She is awaiting critical hospital phone consultations re: cancer treatment next week.

Life is stressful enough without a basic landline to worry about right now. Please escalate this issue through the appropriate resolution channels so it can be resolved swiftly.  

1 REPLY 1

Harvey69
Joining in

@n_haland wrote: Macy's Employee Connection

Our landline has not been working correctly since Wednesday 4 May. Although we get a dial tone we cannot call out, nor can we connect to incoming calls (the caller rings but we cannot connect the call - by connect I mean "pick up" - even when pressing the "pick up" call accept button on the phone). 

There is no issue with the phone handset and we even bought a new handset which still doesn't work. 

We have called Virgin Media a number of times from mobiles - when going through the correct channels on the automated line, we either end up in a dead end (you select the option you need, then nothing happens), or the phone line disconnects! Caught in an endless loop.  

The online outage checker also says that there are no faults in the area, however, when logged in to My Virgin Media to run a diagnostic test, the test does not work - we get a message saying "we cannot run a test at this time". I have also tried clicking on links to FAQ pages on My Virgin Media and get caught in another loop of broken links. The "alternate ways to contact us" suggestion is just as infuriating - it says to call 150 (which we can't do as landline won't work) or the non-landline number, which just leaves us in the same dead-end phone loop we've been in for days. No way to email support either and it was just by chance we found this community by doing a Google search. Absolutely shocking trying to get the right help - it feels like things VM's customer service channels are left deliberately broken. And by the looks of the forum, we aren't the only people experiencing this issue (VM checker saying service is up, but still no working landline).

Please help us to resolve this issue asap. The landline working is absolutely crucial for my family right now - my mum isn't a digital native and relies on the landline (can't use a mobile). She is awaiting critical hospital phone consultations re: cancer treatment next week.

Life is stressful enough without a basic landline to worry about right now. Please escalate this issue through the appropriate resolution channels so it can be resolved swiftly.