cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down for four days

SusanF
Joining in

Our landline went down on Friday. Virgin automated service gave several times for fixing but not kept any of these deadlines. Now just saying it will be fixed 'as soon as possible'. Meanwhile the website service status indicates no landline issues and it's impossible to get hold of anyone on the phone. Live webchat service is unable to deal with landline issues. 

I've made a complaint on the online form but doesn't look like this will be acknowledged for 48 hours. I want someone from Virgin to contact us asap, explain what you are doing to resolve this and give us a realistic leadtime. 

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SusanF 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your landline for the last 4 days, I can certainly understand the frustration with this 😔

I've checked things on our end and I can indeed see that there is a known area issue affecting the landline service. The team are currently working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. There is an estimated fix time showing which is 16:10 on 27/06/23. With this time being an estimate only, it can change depending on the complexity of the issue.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue. If you need any further help, let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks Nathan,

Noticed an engineer at the junction box while I was out and when I checked we had a dialling tone. 

Quite a relief!

Susan

Ahh great stuff 😊 Glad it's all fixed for you now.

If you see any issues in future with the landline, we have a service checker for any known faults which can be found here. This can also be checked for any TV and Broadband faults. If you log into the page with your My VM details you can also run fault tests with your equipment.

Alternatively we also have a landline help page here for any other landline issues you may have. Alternatively, just pop a message on the forum anytime. We will always help as much as we can.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules