cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down for 36 hours and expected fix time not being updated

Midahed
Joining in

Our landline stopped working the day before yesterday.  The service status reporting system on 0800-052-1107 says there is a fault in my area and goes on to say that engineers have traced the fault and are "working hard" to get it fixed as soon as possible.  It also says that it's expected to be fixed "by 10.00am".  It's after 3.00pm now and our phone still isn't working.  Do I assume that the message hasn't been updated?  Or should I assume that "10.00am" means some future 10.00am maybe tomorrow or the next day.

There is no point in having a sophisticated status reporting system if it's fed with incomplete information or if updates aren't applied in a timely manner.

I tried looking on the VM website under my account and it is claimed that the phone service is working normally - so that's another inconsistency added into the mix.

Virgin Media presumably invested in both these systems in order to prevent their Customer Services being overwhelmed by customers trying to report faults that have already been detected and are in the process of being fixed. The inaccurate, incomplete and inconsistent information being provided via there systems will only lead to them not being trusted by VM's customers.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Midahed

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the phone fault and the confusion over the current estimated fix date/time. This is tomorrow and the fault reference F009901600 for your records.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for the clarification.

You're more than welcome. I hope it's fixed sooner but do drop us another post if it's not fixed by tomorrow.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill