cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down again

TheGrims
Joining in

Landline went down yesterday, as there was a storm and flooding I did not call Virgin. During the afternoon the web site stated there was a fault in the area, this afternoon I get a text to say it has been fixed, but my landline still not working.

Called Virgin on my mobile and after 45 minutes of being put on hold whilst the lady tried to sort it out, I have been told that I won't have a landline until I am migrated to VOIP on 15/11, another 12 days away, the reason being no engineer available until 18/11.

Is this really how Virgin treats it's customers, it is just not good enough, I will be sending a letter of complaint.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheGrims,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear there's a wait for a technician. 

so I can double check this for you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm