cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down again!!!

Mike_R3
Tuning in

Hi,

My landline is down again.  Just silence no dial tone or anything.  Was working earlier this afternoon but dead now!

Help please

14 REPLIES 14

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mike_R3,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your public post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your landline connection! 

Have you taken a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help identify and rectify your issue?

Have you checked the connection to see if everything is as it should be? Do you have a different landline phone available to see if the issue lies with the equipment at all? 

Please take a look at these checks and let us know how you get on and if your issue is still ongoing. If it is, we'll be more than happy to investigate further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mike_R3
Tuning in

Hi

I've checked both phones in the hall and upstairs.  No dial tone and phone display reads "check landline"

Please help.  Thanks

Mike_R3 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mike_R3,

Thank you for checking the Landline Faults page and for checking your connection. If you're still having issues with your services, we'll need to investigate this further for you.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details so that we can investigate further. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

striker04
Tuning in

We're having the same problem and sick and tired of it!

We lost our landline service on Tuesday, which couldn't have been at a worst time having had a close family bereavement on Monday snd myself waiting for urgent hospital appointment phone calls which I have now missed!

We've spent literally hours on the phone since Wednesday trying to get the service liss sorted and eventually we get through but all to no avail. Remote trsrs are run, confirming there is a problem despite the Virgin app/website saying there wasn't an issue. Deadlines for the fix come and go with no improvement and no notification update to confirm. Once the line came back so we voukd fill out and ring out, but sadly that went fix lasted for an hour then broken again.

Yesterday we phoned yet again, went through the automated test process which confirms a fault and it will be fixed by 11pm. Suddenly a notification that tge engineer call that was booked via tge automated service for next Thursday saying the engineers visit has been cancelled as it will be fixed by 11pm yesterday

This morning, nope still not fixed and unable to use the line despite the service status on the app saying there's no problem. Same rigmarole on the mobile phone this morning and an engineer booked yet again for Thursday morning. So a week plus without the landline and racking up high mobile phone charges.....grrr! Worse than that, we can no longer get past the automated phone process to talk to a human because tge automated fault process overrides it and just books an engineer visit which no doubt will be cancelled again. 

What sort of customer service is this? Virgin Media has broken and no longer care for customers and we shall now be looking elsewhere for a better provider after many many years of being a loyal customer, in fact since before Virgin when it was Ntl World.

Total lack of care by Virgin and nowhere to turn to resolve the problem urgently as we need the landline fir urgent funeral arranging and hospital appointment matters. 

We've given up now I'm afraid and don't need this hassle over something simple.

Hello.  Anybody there!!

Any news on fixing my landline.  I posted yesterday evening replied to a private message and today....nothing!!!

Nothing on my landline.  Totally dead.

Please help!!

My landline has been off since Wednesday. The third time in 3 months. Phoned on my mobile (not a smart phone)to complain and after 10 mins trying to understand what they were saying got nowhere. Say there is no problems in my area. I could have told them that, because I had already checked. Has any one any idea what I can do now., desperatelty need phone for Dr. Dentist, Optician who all have my number for any appointments etc. 

Landline restored about 2 hrs ago.

Thanks 

My landline is still down - 21.30hrs

Not sure how I can get in touch with Virgin again. I got nowhere when I phoned earlier.

Yet another waste of time with VM again today. Having been told the landline would be fixed yet again today, yet again its failed and still no working landline......no surprise there then. Yet another phonecall and the verdict is.......yep the line still has a fault. Apparently an engineer will visit on Thursday, so over a week without the phone. Having questioned compensation for loss of service, apparently according to the the VM agent, no we don't get any because we haven't lost all our services! What an absolute joke thus bunch of clowns are.........you couldn't make this fiasco up. Lost important hospital phonecalls alomhlg with not being able to communicate with others following the death of a close family member on Monday.

Certainly won't be renewing our next contract with VM when it's due. Moving to somebody more reliable and offering better value for money.